CNC machining post-processing options are various, in addition to grinding, oil injection, deburring, electroplating, silk screen printing, pad printing, metal oxidation, laser engraving, sandblasting and so on.
- Oxidation: When the hardware factory produces hardware products (mainly aluminum parts), they useoxidation processingto make the surface of the hardware products hard and make them less prone to wear.
- Spray painting: The hardware factory uses spray painting when producing large-scale hardware products, and the hardware is prevented from rusting through spray painting, such as: daily necessities, electrical enclosures, handicrafts, etc.
- Electroplating: Electroplating is also the most common processing technology in hardware processing. The surface of hardware parts is electroplatedthrough modern technology to ensure that the products will not become mildewed or embroidered under long-term use. Common electroplating processes include: screws, stamping parts, Batteries, car parts, small accessories, etc.
- Surface polishing: Surface polishing is generally used in daily necessities for a long time. By performing surface burr treatment on hardware products, such as:
We produce a comb, the comb is made of hardware by stamping, so the corners of the punched comb are very sharp, we need to polish the sharp parts of the corners into a smooth face, so that it can be used in the process of use. Will not cause harm to the human body.
The processing method of the surface of CNC machined parts first depends on the technical requirements of the machined surface. However, it should be noted that these technical requirements are not necessarily the requirements of the parts, and the requirements specified in the drawings may sometimes be higher than the requirements on the part drawings in some aspects due to technological reasons. For example, due to the misalignment of the benchmarks, the processing requirements for the surface of some cnc workpieces are increased. Or because it is used as a precision benchmark, it may put forward higher processing requirements.
When the technical requirements of the surface of each CNC machined part are clarified, the final processing method that can guarantee the requirements can be selected accordingly, and the processing methods of several working steps and each working step can be determined. The selected processing method of CNC machining parts should meet the requirements of the quality of the parts, good processing economy and high production efficiency. For this reason, the following factors should be considered when selecting a processing method:
- The machining accuracy and surface roughness that can be obtained by any cnc machining method have a considerable range, but only in a narrow range is economical, and the machining accuracy in this range is the economic machining accuracy. For this reason, when selecting the processing method, the corresponding processing method that can obtain economical processing accuracy should be selected.
- Consider the properties of the cnc workpiece material.
- Consider the structural shape and size of the CNC workpiece.
- To consider productivity and economic requirements. High-efficiency advanced technology should be used in mass production. It is even possible to fundamentally change the manufacturing method of the blank, which can reduce the labor of machining.
- The existing equipment and technical conditions of the factory or workshop should be considered. When selecting the processing method, the existing equipment should be fully utilized, the potential of the enterprise should be tapped, and the enthusiasm and creativity of the workers should be brought into play. However, it should also be considered to continuously improve the existing processing methods and equipment, adopt new technologies and improve the technological level.
CNC machining and 3D printing each have their own advantages and disadvantages. Choosing the right machining process plays a vital role in your project.