The methods for processing stainless steel parts to improve production efficiency and quality, and reduce worker labor intensity and production costs are roughly as follows:
1) Tool material selection Due to the high cutting force and high cutting temperature when processing stainless steel parts, the tool material should try to choose YW or YG carbide with high strength and good thermal conductivity.
2) Tool geometric parameter design Tool geometric parameters play an important role in its cutting performance. In order to make stainless steel parts cut quickly and smoothly, carbide tools should use a larger rake angle to increase tool life.
3) The roughness value should be small when grinding the rake surface. In order to avoid the phenomenon of chips sticking to the tool, the front and rear surfaces of the tool should be carefully ground to ensure a small roughness value, thereby reducing the chip outflow resistance of stainless steel parts. Avoid chips sticking to the knife.
4) The cutting edge of the tool should be kept sharp to reduce work hardening. The feed amount and the amount of back cutting should not be too small to prevent the tool from cutting in the hardened layer of stainless steel parts and affecting the service life of the tool.
5) Pay attention to the grinding of the chip breaker. Since stainless steel chips have strong and tough characteristics, the chip breaker on the rake surface of the tool should be properly ground, so that chip breaking, chip holding and chip removal are convenient during the cutting process of stainless steel parts.
6) The selection of cutting amount is based on the characteristics of stainless steel materials. It is advisable to use low speed and larger feed amount for cutting.
7) The choice of cutting fluid must be appropriate. Since stainless steel is prone to bonding and has poor heat dissipation, it is very important to choose a cutting fluid with good bonding resistance and heat dissipation during boring. For example, use a cutting fluid with a high chlorine content. As well as mineral oil-free, nitrate-free aqueous solutions with good cooling, cleaning, anti-rust and lubricating effects,
Using the above process method can overcome the difficulties of stainless steel processing, greatly improve the tool life during mechanical processing of stainless steel, reduce the number of tool sharpening and tool changes during operation, improve production efficiency and hole processing quality, and reduce worker labor intensity. In terms of production costs, satisfactory results can be achieved.