Ductile iron is known as the “best of both worlds” metal, meaning that it has the strength of cast steel and the excellent corrosion resistance of cast iron. The advantages of ductile iron are as follows:
1. The strength of ductile iron is comparable to that of cast steel. Ductile iron has a higher yield strength, with a minimum yield strength of 40k, while the yield strength of cast steel is only 36k.
2. The corrosion resistance and oxidation resistance of ductile iron. The graphite element enters the gaps of the iron element. In this way, corrosive objects cannot invade the gaps of the iron element and corrode the iron element.
3. Since ductile iron has a spherical graphite microstructure, it weakens vibration and effectively reduces stress.
4. Ductile iron is cheaper than cast steel
5. Ductile iron castings have very good impact resistance and ductility, and iron has very good ductility.
6. Ductile iron castings can also effectively prevent cracks, and graphite crystals can effectively resist cracks.