In order to withstand the large milling force and vibration generated by intermittent cutting, the milling machine fixture must have sufficient clamping force, rigidity and strength. Therefore, milling machine fixtures need to meet the following basic requirements.
- The clamping device of the milling machine fixture should use an expansion mechanism as much as possible.
- The clamping device of the milling machine fixture should have better self-locking properties.
- The focus point and force application direction of the milling machine fixture must be appropriate. For example, use the fixed support of the fixture or the fixed jaws of the vise to bear the milling force.
- The processing surface of the workpiece should not exceed the workbench as much as possible.
- Reduce the height of the clamp as much as possible.
- There must be enough space for chip removal.