(1) The production efficiency of broaching is relatively high. The broach is a multi-tooth tool, with a large number of teeth participating in the work at the same time. The broach can complete rough machining, semi-finishing and finishing processes in one stroke, greatly shortening the processing time, so the production efficiency of broaching is high.
(2) The processing range of broaching is wide. Broaching can process through holes of various shapes, so the processing range of broaching is wide.
(3) Broaching has high precision and low surface roughness. The broach has a calibration part, whose function is to calibrate the size and trimming amount. The cutting speed of broaching is generally low, and the cutting thickness of each cutting tooth is small, so the cutting process is relatively smooth and the adverse effects of pseudo-edge can be avoided. Therefore, broaching can achieve higher precision and lower surface roughness. Generally, the dimensional accuracy tolerance level of broaching is IT7~IT8, and the surface roughness Ra is 0.4~0.8μm.
(4) The broaching machine has a simple structure. Broaching is a linear motion, and the feed motion is achieved by the last tooth of the broach being higher than the previous tooth. The height of the tooth is called tooth lift, so the broaching machine has a simple structure and is easy to operate. .
(5) The broach has a long service life. During broaching, the cutting speed is low and the tool wears slowly. Counting of workpieces can be processed by sharpening once. A broach can be reground several times, so the broach has a long service life.